Monday, October 19, 2015

Network Level Service Interuption

tl;dr I'm terribly sorry about today's service interruption. Our hosting provider Rackspace has had a network interruption in their Chicago datacenter, where our server is located, and therefore it has been unreachable. Rackspace is not giving me an approximate ETA but ensure me they're working to resolve the issue.

I noticed around noon today that I wasn't able to resolve the service. I pinged the address only to get no response and connection timeouts. I'm not able to access the machine because it is unreachable. I logged into rackspace to check on the system. I realized the server itself is fine so it must be some network issue.

Rackspace technical support said it is an outage in their Chicago datacenter. You can see the status of this here: http://status.rackspace.com.

Since I'm unable to determine when Rackspace will be able to resolve this issue, I am changing DNS to point to another machine in a different data center only so that I can redirect you to this message. I will continue to monitor and once the datacenter network has been restored I will reroute traffic back to our server.

While the service is down, you can connect on live chat by logging into the "bored@: channel: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/bored@











Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment