Saturday, September 7, 2013

Server ran out of hard drive space



All-

I apologize deeply for the extended downtime. I was completely without cell coverage for about 8 days. Once I returned, it took a day to completely understand what the problem was but it was discovered that the server ran out of hard drive space. Look:

Filesystem       1K-blocks       Used              Available   Use%    
/dev/sda1          313765552     297827412      28             100% /
tmpfs                4078296         0                   4078296     0% /dev/shm

Yikes. I have since relieved some significant space on the drive and everything seems to be functioning normally again.

..What a coincidence. The moment I unplug from the matrix something decides to misbehave.


Stay tuned I have some new updates coming.

Kind Regards,
Jae

9 comments:

  1. I'm curious: why did it work for 10-30 minutes every day at midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good question Pinkie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guessing the logs zipped for the day and cleared up space just enough for 10-30 minutes of activity and bam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it down again today?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is for me...

    are you using some kind of volume manager? there should be an easy way to just grow your filesystem, right...?

    (yeah right, like i have any idea how this works...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appears it's still down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as HFA comes back, shit goes down again. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does "relieved some significant space on the drive" mean that the oldest posts were deleted from memory? I'm worried that all nonrecent posts will be deleted before the My Posts functionality is returned, which means posts I made years ago that I want to save will be lost forever before I get a chance to transfer them to some Word document.

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you using AWS? try making a swap space?

    ReplyDelete